This year has been meh for me ;( The highlights for the year include:
- Completing course work for my masters class
- Starting research on Renewable Energy Systems and how best to size them and control this system.
- Active participation in various communities I managed to join especially Urban Perspective and NaiLUG.
- Achieved most of the fitness goals I had intended to achieve at the start of the year. Key amongst these is jogging at least 3 times a week.
- I also started doing some investments this year, mostly passive. Part of my investment strategy had been in agribusiness (active invesetment) this year, but things did not go too well of that front. At least I achieved some level of financial literacy this year, and have a better strategy for the oncoming year.
- I attended my first _ruracio_ this year. It was a unique experience merging traditional culture with modern expectations.
- I had my first trip outside Nairobi. I managed to visit Naivasha and Elementaita on an unofficial class trip. I realised I like to travel (hopefully this will remain true) and will endeavour to visit more places next year.
- Managed to sort out internet at home. This by far had the most impact on my life this year. Having to use the internet without limits (as had been initially the case with the bundles options I was having with Telkom) was really refreshing. I could now experiment more, play with more technologies and not have to think about effects of data on my wallet.
I also managed to read some really interesting books this year, like Deep Work and Lauren Ipsum. I didn't get to my goal of 20 books and I'm blaming this on my loose concentration. This is whereby I'll leave a half finished book if and when I get something more interesting. I hope to improve on this next year.